Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Monday 1 July 2013

Hello

How are you all? Long time, no see!

Things are ticking along here - busy as usual, but nothing new there.

And for me, things have moved on. I've been accepted on to the four year clinical training for Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy, which starts in September. It's a full-time training - I'll work for the NHS as a trainee up here in Newcastle four days a week and then travel one day a week down to Leeds for all the academic stuff. Eeek! I've worried and wondered and thought and considered if it'll all be too much on top of the family, and I hope it won't. We'll see. It'll be strange to leave teaching behind after more than twenty years.

I'm writing too - in fact I've been Mslexia magazine's guest blogger for the past three months, writing about trying to find my 'inner artist' and unlock the creativity hidden deep inside (!!!). You can read these posts here: Mslexia Blog

Last week I had an operation, and while I'm recuperating and waiting to feel fighting fit again, I've decided to resurrect my blog. I might even re-name it, as my calamity thankfully feels so far behind me now - Hattie was five in May and I'll be five years in remission in January 2014. How very, very lucky am I?

My new blog may focus more on my writing and my reading - but will still have all the family stuff in it: where else will I vent my feelings?

It's good to be back.

No comments: