Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Saturday 17 April 2010

Sunday's Coming.....

Today I wore my new Merrell walking boots when we went to Fountain's Abbey. They helped me to walk miles and miles - or so it felt. I came home and cooked pitta bread pizzas for the kids and aubergine parmigiana for us. Now I have quite a sore throat and quite a croaky (I think alluring) voice.

Tomorrow signifies back to school stuff - lots of washing and ironing of work shirts and school uniform. Martha has been invited to one of those annoying birthday parties which pepper the school term-time weekends. Of course she doesn't think they're annoying - for her they signify social success and prompt great excitement. Which is why they cannot be missed on any account. So in between the domestic jobs and cooking a promised roast chicken, I'll be spending two hours watching Martha shrieking with friends.

If I can't go back to Majorca, I'll take Ed and Martha at school all day and a bit of peace and quiet for Hattie and I.

By the way - the writing of this post is being regularly interrupted by purring kittens wrapping themselves around my neck and falling on random keys. I think I've done quite well.

7 comments:

Tracey said...

Why don't Americans use the word 'aubergine'. It is so much nicer than egg-plant, which is a dumb name for an aubergine.

Vince said...

Things that Lidl and Aldi 'do' very well indeed are walking/hiking socks.
Do you have Compeed handy when on a walk
?.

Jen said...

Do you at least have some friends among the other birthday party moms?

Rebecca S. said...

Mmmm pita pizza. I don't care for aubergine/eggplant ever since I was forced to eat it as a child. Someday I wish someone would cook it for me in a way that makes me see what all the fuss is about. Until then, I still won't touch it, though it is so pretty a vegetable.

Anonymous said...

Kittens? I'm impressed. I struggle to write with just someone talking to me!

JennyMac said...

Kitty blanket? Too cute. We just bought our son some Merrells. He loves them.

Anita said...

Checking in. You must be busy. Hope all is well. :)