Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Saturday 21 January 2012

The Guardian piece













So! The piece is in today's Family Guardian

I have to confess to feeling a bit worried about it beforehand, especially about the photograph! But it's not too bad, and generally I'm pleased with the piece. It is just possible that I was one of the first customers to visit our local newsagent this morning!

Thanks so much to everyone for your lovely, supportive comments.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved it; very honest portrayal of blood cancers & stem cell transplants faced by patients with young families. No-one but the closest relatives are exposed to the true awfulness.

Rebecca S. said...

Dear Kate. You wrote such an honest, heart-wrenching story there. I put a link to it on my own Facebook page so others here in Canada could read it too, well, some others anyway. It reminded me so much of my sister-in-law's experience, though she did not live through hers. She did have a third child, a girl, also after two boys like you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wonderful writing, Kate; very moving. You are a fantastic woman with a brilliant family. I wish you all health and happiness. I love following your blog.
M. x

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,
What a fantastic woman you are, thank you so much for the article. Your story took my breath away, it mirrors my own so closely, the number of kids, their ages now, my age, my cancer. Your story helps me with my story. We have survived, as others do!
Let's celebrate life, we are blessed.
Sam

Unknown said...

kate, i'm so glad to follow your blog. you are so beautiful. what a wonderful expression of all you've been through. great writing.

clare said...

Wonderful articles Kate. I am in a very similar situation and you have articulated in your writing almost exactly how I feel too. Wishing you all the very best for a healthy and happy future xxxxx