Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Tuesday 19 October 2010

No Results and Nigella

Well - no results I guess means good results?

I'm still feeling under the weather and inexplicably really feeling more than a little low, but I did haul my ass to the gym yesterday so I'm pleased about that.

I've just bought Nigella Lawson's new cookbook, 'Kitchen', in an attempt to cheer myself up. It's truly lovely - maybe I should cook my way through every recipe in the book a la Julie Powell and Julia Child - but don't worry, if I do I won't blog about it! I might just mention the odd delightful concoction.

Damn! Hattie's just woken up too early from her afternoon sleep after a crazy hailstorm which clattered in a very un-necessary loud way on the slopy loft roof and velux windows. I could hear it on the baby monitor which we still use because she's two floors up when I'm downstairs. Shall I ignore her sporadic cries of 'mummeeee' for a while as well?

Quick cup of tea I think.

4 comments:

Rebecca S. said...

Yes, leave her until she cries MummeeeEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
As they say, no news is good news xo

Hot Cross Mum said...

Well done on the gym - you put me to shame! Love Nigella - must look out for her new book - although my kitchen never looks half as tempting to start cooking in as hers does!

Wally B said...

Great news Kate. My wife always feels better after a run. I think it is as much about doing something for yourself, as it is about endorphines flowing. Take time just for you, (tea works).

Tracey said...

With my first child, I always snatched him up at the first fuss. What a mistake that was. My third is much more patient.

I hope you had some tea.