Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Wednesday 29 December 2010

Happy Christmas....of course

A belated Happy Christmas to everyone and lots of good good wishes for the new year. I've been woefully inadequate in my posting and my reading of my favourite blogs. But full action will be resumed in the new year. It's just been a lovely - but full on - Christmas. Hattie has chicken pox - the first spots appeared on Christmas Day(!) and the others have variations of a sick/flu bug which is going around. But, still lovely despite all of this: the right combination of being at home and seeing all the family. And there's still the new year knees-up to come! Exhausting.

3 comments:

Rebecca S. said...

I'm glad your Christmas has gone well, despite the various childhood bugs. I hope you will all be mended in time to celebrate the New Year!

Tracey said...

I have missed you, but I have not really been around much either.

Happy New Year!!!

This year Hattie will be three. Which in NOT two. Might be great.

Anonymous said...

What an inspiration! I truly wish you a happy new year.
I too survived cancer (and 2 recurrences), I'm a mother of 2 and my youngest (Thomas 6m) also got chickenpox for christmas. I was lucky, my children weren't around when i was sick.
Have u looked into clinical trials for NHL? I know they do it at univ hosp coventry and warwickshire. I know someone with the same diagnostic as u, currently in remission who is getting an antibody infusion with (seemingly) great success.