See - I've neglected my blog too long and my blogland friends have turned their attentions elsewhere - very understandably I might add. But I'm still here, and I'm determined to keep going. Maybe I can encourage you all to come back by some scintillating posts. Hmmmm. That's a problem right there then!
So, I was going to tell you some stuff about me which you might not know. Why should you? And then I began to think about myself in a kind of analytical sort of way. And then I began to wonder where I'm heading (in a life-journey, metaphorical kind of way rather than a heading off on the school run kind of way) and I thought about all the stuff I still want to do before I die as a happy and very old woman.
- I'm heading off on the tran-Siberian Railway just as soon as I can (don't hold your breath)
- I want to publish a short-story that I'm really proud of. In fact I want to publish the next Booker Prize winning novel, but small steps and all that.
- I need to ride horses in Argentina
- I want to experience at least one of those exotic beach holidays that other people always seem to have. You know - three weeks in the Maldives or somewhere with just Roger and a HUGE pile of books for company
- I want to buy a house in Pollensa in Majorca
- I want to travel to New Zealand, Australia and .....oh, to a host of other places too
- I want to have a really toned and bendy body, in an, "aren't you fabulous at yoga and pilates?" sort of way.
- I want to be able to achieve a zen-like approach to life, and be remembered and missed as that serene and wise old woman
Ok - this is actually a list in progress I've just realised. To be added to as and when. I have noticed a certain wanderlust theme - tricky with those pesky kids in tow, no money and annoyingly tying jobs. Anyhow...... a girl can dream.
Simple science experiments kids with love
11 hours ago