Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Sunday 21 March 2010

My Blog Award!


Thanks Nic at Diary of a Domestically Challenged Housewife for my lovely award.

But, Oh no - now apparently I have to tell you 10 random but true things about myself. That's kind of hard. The pressure! They may not be very interesting, I feel I must warn you. But here they are anyhow. Glass of wine to hand??

1. I wish I could play jazz clarinet in smoky bars, looking and sounding unbelievably amazing. This is as opposed to wondering if I should pick up the clarinet I haven't properly played since I was a teenager, and make some strange and not very groovy sounds.

2. I have always wanted to travel on the Trans-Siberian Railway. I have not given up on this dream despite the three small children which hold me down (or should that be anchor me ) in sunny Newcastle-upon Tyne.

3. I used to ride horses and I want to ride horses again.

4. I love to read in bed in the morning with many many cups of coffee. This doesn't happen very often.

5. I am a huge, huge, huge Bob Dylan fan.

6. I want a campervan.

7. I am going to the Green Man music festival this summer in the Brecon Beacons, Wales. We are camping... with all the kids!

8. I have a quick and fiery temper. Patience is a virtue which unfortunately I largely lack. I'm waiting for motherhood to mellow me!

9. I like cooking and love eating good food. Alas the waif-ish look is not for me. I used to be more waif-like though. Three pregnancies, life-threatening illness and severe and unwavering exhaustion plus an enforced, very severe and very early menopause don't help. Excuses, excuses!

10. I want to write a novel and see it published. I want this very, very much.

So, there you are. Fascinating, I'm sure you'll agree.

I'm passing this award onto:

My old friends,

Diney at Older Mums are Fun

Tracey at Uno, Dos, Tracey

Rebecca at Letters to the World

Anita at Beyond the Diapers and the Spills

and a new find of mine: Karen at Brighton Mum - Teenage Angst, whose blog I really enjoy reading as well.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

congrats on your award. Liked reading your list.

Rebecca S. said...

Your list IS great (boy are we two peas in a pod! except for the horsey part and the life-threatening illness). So there! Congratulations on your Honest Scrap award - no one deserves it more - and thank you for awarding it to me (yay me!).

Anonymous said...

Dylan, huh? You and me both. :)

diney said...

Liked your list - I love Dylan too and also hope to have my book published - and thanks for my brilliant award. My father in law died on Friday morning and we are off the the funeral today, so won't have chance to post for a few days. x

Anita said...

Congratulations Kate, and you're kind to pass it on to me and the others!
I loved reading you list. It shows your appreciation for life and that you'd like to experience so much more. ME TOO!
But, we'll raise our adorable kids, and sneak or take pleasure when we can! Not that the kids aren't pleasurable too. :)

Tracey said...

Wait. You are giving me an award? You are not just asking me to answer ten things about myself? So I could like steal the pic and post it and everything?

Congratulations to you. Since your child rides horses, can't you as well?

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

Many thanks for the award & the follow! I SO want a campervan too. I love the idea of carrying everything I need around with me & just stopping off anywhere I feel. Maybe I should be a snail??
Oh bugger...now I have to think of 10 true but random things about me..erm..

Thriving rebel said...

Campervan yep
Write a book yep
Clarinet and bob. Nope
Horse riding yep.
I want to go to jimmys farm festival next year. Supposed to be ace but hate camping the rain!
Book reading and multiple coffees yep yep yep!!!