Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Friday 18 December 2009

Curry

Have you ever made a very hot curry with very, very hot chillies and then put your fingers in your eyes?

I was trying to blast away my sinusitis which makes me feel as if someone is squeezing my neck until my eyes feel as if they might pop out. But all I've achieved is that now my eyes are burning as well.

Apart from that I'm fine.

Really. And I couldn't taste the bloody curry anyway. Apparently it was hot, garlicky and gingery. I wouldn't know.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I have had chillies burn my fingers. Soaking them in milk helped alot. I am not sure how one would use this for eyes. It's a pitty you could not taste it. But as it is about time for me to start thinking about dinner here, curry it is. I think I'll do the take out variety tonight though.

Rebecca S. said...

Oh that would hurt! Have you been to the doctor about your sinuses? It sounds quite bad! I would give you a hug if I could.