Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Monday 5 October 2009

Detritus and Demands

Time, time, time. I haven't got enough of it. Not enough time to read, to do my work, to clean the house, to go to the gym, and most importantly to write - which is becoming more and more of a must for me. The children absorb me, as they should, but the few hours between their bedtime and mine just isn't enough.

I need a sabbatical from all the detritus and demands - chance would be a fine thing hey? If I ran away for a couple of days would anyone notice? Probably not until they were hungry. I'm joking... of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate! I understand your life very well! I had three kids under the age of 4 at one time and I don't think I have caught up on housework (or sleep!) yet! Someday we will be lonely old women wanting these days back...someone once told me "The days are long but the years are short." So true! You live in the UK? So does my extended family! Manchester and Grantham....