Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Thursday 1 October 2009

Lego, Shrieks and Woofing

Feel quite a bit better today. I think it helped to write my post yesterday and sort through my thoughts. So, thanks for reading and thanks for commenting - I was cheered by the support.

So, the poor baby is ill today. Not drastically so, but enough to make her hugely sensitive to any slight perceived or otherwise which might be perpetrated by her brother and sister. The lego figure which today she had decided was as precious as anything else in the house, was clutched to her chest all day. Any attempt to remove it resulted in shrieks of banshee like proportions. It has been prised away from her so she can go to bed and I can sleep without worrying that she's quietly choking upstairs. But it took sleight of hand and impressive distraction techniques, I can tell you! Calpol at the ready tonight I think!

Her 'woofing' like a dog is coming on fantastically though, illness or not. I'm so proud.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

my boys found some rings with spiders on them in the halloween decorations and were insistent on sleeping with them...i had to sneak in and pry them away because i was worried they would decide to eat them in the middle of the night. little ones do love their treasures! glad you had a good day!