Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Tuesday 27 October 2009

Here

Oh it's lovely up here. We're pretty much in the middle of nowhere which is just what I needed and it's really good just to spend time together without all the everyday pressures. That said, of course there's still very early waking - clocks going back haven't helped at all, and the endless endless providing of food. And it's been pouring all day - but even the rain and low cloud can't obscure the fabulous autumn colours. You forget that the heather changes colour as well - it's not until one's driving through a sea of orange that you realise what an extraordinary effect these autumnal hues have. Its very good for the soul.

I haven't ridden my bike yet - too wet. But tomorrow I'm hoping for 7am waking - that's not unreasonable surely? - and a beautiful day so that we can cycle around breathing in the Highland air. That's got to be good for me.

6 comments:

f8hasit said...

Our clocks go back on Saturday, which is good since it'll still be dark when the kids go trick or treating for Halloween! Last year the time change came early and it was bright out, which was easier to see costumes, but not much fun.

I'm glad you are getting some relief from the pressures of life for a bit! Somehow the Scottish air always has that way. At least it always did for me!

Hope you get that bike ride in!
:-)

AiringMyLaundry said...

I hope you get to ride your bike!

All Star said...

Enjoy! I am happy for you!

Valerie said...

Hope you manage to REALLY relax.

Margaret said...

Yes, I'm thinking of your bike too. Hope you can use it. Enjoy!

Mummy mania said...

Heather and fresh scottish air - chicken soup for the soul... enjoy