Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Friday 30 October 2009

Writing

The baby's ill! And she cried ALL last night. Because all the family - cousins, aunts, uncles - are squashed into this house, she is sharing our room with us. So we got absolutely no sleep at all. The doctor in the tiny village near us said she had a horrible virus. Her temperature is really high - quite scary really - and mine is none too great after lack of sleep and lots of family!!

I cycled further yesterday - very pleased with myself - but today had to spend the day languishing with the baby sleeping on me. Quite cuddly but not really conducive to meeting my new cycling target.

I've signed on to National Novel Writing Month - I have to write 50,000 words in November! Hmmm. About 1800 words a day. That sounds entirely feasible what with three small kids, fretting to do and the blog to write. And we're in Scotland till November 4th. So that's 4 days I can't see much writing getting done. But maybe I'll do it - sounds like a recipe for disappointment though.

2 comments:

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

My best advice would be DON'T EVEN GO THERE! Small babies and pushing your writing doesn't work. I found this out from bitter experience. Write in the time you have, don't put pressure on yourself and cherish your baby. Unless of course you're Superwoman and then feel free to ignore my advice! xx

AiringMyLaundry said...

Good luck with the writing month!