Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Sunday 1 November 2009

Writing

Oh - it's almost the end of the 1st November and I haven't written my 1800 words. I can't - I'm writing this post and I've just put the kids to bed. Now I have the baby's bug and am feeling grotty and I'm still up in Scotland with half the family and all the cousins.

My husband left this morning to go back to work and I feel a bit weak at the prospect at having the kids on my own for the next few days, plus driving them down en masse on Wednesday.

See - one day in and I'm already behind schedule on the writing front. I knew that would happen. Can I double up tomorrow? I doubt it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd struggle with 1800 words too - but I'd struggle even more with three kids, all on my own, for a few days so I think it's a justifiable reason.

Life happens, I guess....?

Margaret said...

Write, write, write, and forgive yourself when life interferes. It's not your fault.