Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Monday 30 November 2009

Hospital

Went to the hospital today - a very stressful experience all round. I had a chest x-ray which was clear thank god. The original tumour was in my chest and I have scar tissue there which everyone is especially worried about. I had radiotherapy there after the chemo and the stem cell transplant, but there is always a chance that the tumour could re-grow. If it does I really have no realistic chance of survival. I had to wait for ages for the x-ray results as they lost them on the system - so I was practically catatonic by the time the doctor finally approached with them.

I've also had a blood test to see if I have any evidence of tumour growth in my body elsewhere. Those results I'll get on Wednesday - another trip to the hospital! If they indicate bad things then I'll have a CT scan.

This worry is all intolerable and literally impossible to deal with - I'm still breathing because I am. If it was possible to expire through worry and stress I would have expired today.

6 comments:

Mummy mania said...

Oh you poor thing, I cannot cannot cannot contemplate how you must be feeling. The stress would be enough of an issue, never mind every thing else! Will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

Unknown said...

prayers for you, kate.

Unknown said...

Luckily you have reached your sell by date yet so no expiry!

Wishing you all the peace and grace you need!

Very Bored in Catalunya said...

Huge virtual hugs, having recently had a health scare of my own I understand only to well what waiting does to your mentality.

Fingers and everything else crossed that the test come back all clear.

xx

Kate said...

Thanks again and again!! xx

diney said...

Virtual hug x and everything crossed for clear test results. It must be intolerable, but you are being so serene and brave. xx