Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Friday 27 November 2009

It's Not Working

I've made a decision - if I'm still feeling this anxious and worried about my various aches and pains on Monday, then I'll do the brave thing and go into hospital to get checked out. The problem is of course that 'getting checked out' means x-rays which can be done pretty much immediately but unless I'm lucky I'll have to wait for a couple of days for a CT scan. The stress pours over into the whole week and I haven't got time for it what with all the everyday stuff which continues whatever. I was going to go today but I'm going to give things a chance to settle down. I'm not even going to describe again how all this makes me feel. I only hope you can't imagine. Suffice to say one of my nagging pains is in my chest - pretty much where I think the scar tissue is left from my tumour. And if the cancer has returned there, I have less than a 10% chance of survival.

Hopefully the weekend will provide some relief and I'll start feeling better, hopefully this is one of those innocuous pains we all get. Hopefully.

6 comments:

diney said...

It is probably just as you say, an innocuous pain, but you will fret over it until you have it checked, so you must go. Cyber hug xx

Patti Lacy said...

I am sorry you are going through this and will pray for you today.

Patti Lacy
www.pattilacy.com/blog

Kate said...

Thanks!

Mummy mania said...

It'll be a long weeknd I suspect but hopefully hubby will be around to take some of the load off and you can enjoy some family time.... I know it's easy for me to say, but try and stay positive and see what next week brings. lots of love

Sian To said...

Stay strong - but do get checked out. xx

Unknown said...

thinking of you...