Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Tuesday 10 November 2009

Swine Flu

Well, it's official - I have swine flu! I got the results yesterday. At least that explains why I'm feeling so shockingly awful. The poor baby must have had it too - she's only just better now really.

Obviously I'm a bit concerned - my immune system is none too great and my lungs still have some damage from the radiotherapy. But I'm not getting any worse although I'm not getting any better either so I guess so long as nothing changes for the bad I'm doing ok. Not really what one would ask for on top of the year I've had. I feel like going away for a long and luxurious holiday...at least when I feel better. At the moment I wouldn't be able to summon up the energy to pack. Luckily I have nothing booked!! Am I sounding delerious? I probably shouldn't be let loose with a keyboard in my state.

I'll post again something rather more descriptive, scintillating and poetic when I'm feeling better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your concern and I hope it passes over you without too many events!

Jen said...

I hope you feel better soon. The flu is not fun in any variety.

Margaret said...

Any chance you can get some Tamiflu?

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Oh crappo! That's the problem isn't it when you have the radiotherapy your immune system becomes so vulnerable? Sorry to hear. So relieved to see you didn't attempt that writing challenge. You have more than enough on your plate girl! Thank you so much for the Kate Mosse comment. You would swear I was her I got so much pleasure from your comment. xx

Unknown said...

hope you feel better, kate!

Kate said...

Thanks everyone! Am surviving so far...

Anita said...

Blessings.