Kate's Blog

Follow me if you will as I try to navigate through the ups and downs of my world.

I'm writing this blog to help me make sense of all that has happened - from my diagnosis with non-Hodgkins lymphoma while pregnant with my third child in May 2008
, through to my reflections on chaotic family life as I try to pick up the pieces of my life again.


The kids are so small, and I'm working hard to keep us all safe and to stay in remission.

Stay with me - it won't be all doom and gloom I promise!



Sunday 8 November 2009

Home Again

Sorry - I've been absent from the blog for the past few days.

We travelled home on Thursday - Ed's 6th birthday - and I have just been feeling awful since then. Through gritted teeth I made Ed his cake yesterday and we went to my mum's for the weekend where we 'enjoyed' a very wet bonfire and fireworks. Ed rode his new bike all today but now has had to go off to the hospital with his dad to have some treatment for a bleed in the back of his knee - poor boy! And I'm still feeling rubbish - I've had a headache for about a week now, however the baby's still not great either so I've managed to convince myself that the way I feel is probably some kind of bug rather than the cancer reappearing.

I think I've given up on the 50,000 words in November. There's no point in pressurising myself to meet targets which given what else I have to manage and achieve I'm clearly destined to fail. However, I've decided to be serious about my writing and to encourage myself to move ahead with some ideas which have been rattling around for a while. And I'm starting a creative writing course this Thursday evening for six weeks which is taught at the university here in Newcastle. I've been wanting to sign on for these short-courses for a while now, but now that I'm about to start it I feel quite nervous. Anyhow I'm planning to feel better by then at the very least so here's hoping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely - here's hoping. I take my hat off to you.

Jen said...

Good luck with the creative writing classes. They always sound like a lot of work, but fun. I hope you feel better soon.